Though most of us know that physical activity is good for our health, still not many of us make use of exercise benefits. Most often the problem is that nowadays exercise is made to seem too complex. However, simple a quarter-hour brisk-walking could do a lot for your overall health, especially if you do it on a regular basis.
Thomas Jefferson was right by saying that “walking is the best possible exercise”. You can do it anywhere and anytime without any special equipment. It has many health benefits, as well.
As Hippocrates stated, “walking is man’s best medicine”. Regular and longer walks not only increase your chances of living longer, but also help get more energy, lose weight, stay healthy and positive.
As Carrie Latet said, “walking is the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise”.
So, follow the advice of Thomas Jefferson and “habituate yourself to walk very far”.
Here are 10 more quotes about walking and its benefits:
1. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.”
– Henry David Thoreau
2. “All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche
3. “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.”
– Paul D.White
4. “After a day’s walk everything has twice its usual value.”
– George Macauley Trevelyan
5. “Thoughts come clearly while one walks.”
– Thomas Mann
6. “The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.”
– Jacqueline Schiff
7. “We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down.”
– Robert Sweetgall
8. “Walking takes longer… than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed.”
– Edward Abbey, “Walking”
9. “Walking is good for solving problems — it’s like the feet are little psychiatrists.”
– Terri Guillemets
10. “[Hiking] is the best workout!… You can hike for three hours and not even realize you’re working out. And, hiking alone lets me have some time to myself.”
– Jamie Luner
very well said “thoughts come clearly after a long walk”. 🙂
Walking is good and healthy. No doubt about that. but morning walks are even better. The fact that you would feel fresh and stress free is something that makes it all worth it.
I have started walking few days back and it really changed my life.