Our daily lives consist of habits. Habits are routines of our actions and behaviors that are repeated regularly and most often subconsciously.
If you want to change something, you need to change your behavior. You need to start thinking and acting differently.
At first glance, for most people it may seem difficult to do, because they get so comfortable in their ways that it’s hard to give up old habits. However, once you start doing things differently, you see the results and become happy with yourself. This motivates you to keep on changing and acquiring new habits.
Below you will find quotes that may inspire you to start breaking your bad habits:
1. “Every grown-up man consists wholly of habits, although he is often unaware of it and even denies having any habits at all.”
~ Georges Gurdjieff
2. “Habit is a man’s sole comfort. We dislike doing without even unpleasant things to which we have become accustomed.”
3. “A man who can’t bear to share his habits is a man who needs to quit them.”
~ Stephen King
4. “First we make our habits, then our habits make us.”
~ Charles C. Noble
5. “A change in bad habits leads to a change in life.”
~ Jenny Craig
6. “Bad habits are easier to abandon today than tomorrow.”
~ Yiddish Proverb
7. “A habit cannot be tossed out the window; it must be coaxed down the stairs a step at a time.”
~ Mark Twain
8. “Good habits, once established, are just as hard to break as are bad habits.”
~ Robert Puller
9. “The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. Sow an act, and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny.”
~ James Allen
10. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.”
~ Dale Carnegie